The proper way to eat Milkways, as told by my grandma.
1) Milkyways can go bad. After years of living in a semi-air conditioned house where all chocolate was likely to melt if it wasn’t kept cold, my grandma is now of the belief that Milkways go bad if not kept in the refrigerator. They must be safely stored in the refrigerator at all times.
2) Because the Milkway comes out of the refrigerator so hard it is impossible to eat, it must be warmed. This is best done by sticking the Milkway in your pocket. Then after several hours of warming, you re-discover it and eat it. Once re-discovered the Milkway can be eaten wherever you are at the moment you find it. This includes the bathroom.
3) The wrapper is best disposed of in an unusual place for someone else to find later.
4) If someone gives you a Milkway that is already warm, do not eat it. Insist they either throw it out or put it in back in the refrigerator.
5) Only eat one Milkyway a day. This is not her rule, but one we imposed when she was still living by herself about a year ago and we suddenly noticed an uptick in the number of wrappers around the house, indicating that Milkyways were becoming a primary food source.
Also no one tell her, but we secretly keep extra bags in the cabinet, and re-fill the refrigerator container as needed.